Today’s training run felt brutal. Maybe it was the fact that I’m up a few pounds, mostly water from my candy bingeing. Maybe it was the harsh wind, that seemed to shift so that no matter what direction I was running, it was head on into the wind. Maybe it was just that the training program readjusted to a higher level after I ran Sunday’s long run at a much faster pace than I ever had before.
Whatever it was that did me in, my legs were sure tired and sore by the end of the day. My heart, however, was thrilled to see that I can manage running that much harder, and it gives me hope that I will be able to run a half in under 2 hours for the first time this year.
- Training run: 1 mile warm up; drills and strides; 5 Fartlek intervals of 5 minutes at 8m30s per mile followed by 3 minutes jogging; 1 mile cool down (7.33 miles total)
- Two slices toasted yoga bread with peanut butter and banana
- 1/2 grapefruit with a sliced strawberry, broiled
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and soy creamer
- Black bean chili
- Corn bread
- Last piece of my dark chocolate bunny
- Hard boiled egg with a splash of hot sauce
- Slow cooked tofu in pineapple barbecue sauce on a bed a quinoa
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine, and kale dressed with sesame ginger dressing
- 2 Wasa cracker with red pepper hummus
- 5 green olives
- Handful of jelly beans