I did fairly well avoiding the Easter candy today…though that is because it’s all gone. There’s still a bit of chocolate in the house, but that’s just a bar of dark chocolate in the pantry, not the baskets and baskets of open temptation sitting out in plain sight. And if I don’t buy another bar when I’m grocery shopping this weekend, there will soon be zero candy in the kitchen to tempt me on a daily basis.
I think that is the only way this is going to work. Even lashed to the main mast I cannot resist the siren call of sweet, delicious chocolate if it’s anywhere in my kitchen, so I have to stay far away from it.
- Training run: 1 mile warm up, drills and strides, 3 intervals of 1 mile at 9 min/mile followed by 1 minute jog, 1 mile cool down
- Quinoa with strawberries, blueberries, banana, cinnamon, and soy yogurt
- Coffee, black
- Portobello mushrooms topped with barbecue tofu and Daiya shreds
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale and sesame ginger dressing
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and soy creamer
- Chocolate, cranberries, and walnuts
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- Small bowl of mesa sunrise cereal with raisins and almond milk
- Wasa cracker with hummus and green olives
- Veggie burger on whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles, mustard, and BBQ sauce
- Polenta fries
- Piece of dark chocolate