The township police here have a text alert service that I signed up for back when Superstorm Sandy hit us, and mostly they use it to brag about drug busts or issue warning about potential traffic jams caused by events at the high school. Sometimes, though, they send on weather information, which is how I learned that we’re going to get walloped by a big rain storm tomorrow, when I’m scheduled to do my speed training run, so I switched it to today and did the run in the cold wind.
Better wind then driving rain, though neither is fun to run in. The run, which alternated periods of easy jogging with sessions of prolonged intense effort, took a lot out of me, which lead to me overeating in the afternoon. Ugh. I need to find a better balance between my effort and my fuel.
I am considering adding in daily yoga and meditation sessions to help curb the overeating, if I can find the time. I used to do yoga and meditate daily when I was first working to shed the baby weight, and it was helpful then. I am going to start with 5 minutes tomorrow, and see if I can’t get that up to the 20 minutes a day I managed a few years ago. Finding the time back then was a bit easier because I wasn’t training 6 hours a week, but I think I may be able to carve it out now if I look hard enough.
- Training run: speed intervals (1 mile warm up, drills and strides, 6x .25 mile in 2 minutes and 90 seconds jog, 1 mile cool down). Total distance was just about 5 miles
- 1 hour BJJ
- Smoothie: banana, frozen cherries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, Vega One Vanilla Chai, water
- 1 slice toasted yoga bread with a thin smear of peanut butter
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- BBQ tofu and Daiya shreds in a whole wheat wrap
- Steamed broccoli
- Coffee with vanilla stevia
- Dark chocolate, cranberries, and almonds
- Post run: Vega Sport recovery protein bar
- Piece of taffy. Ugh. It was terrible
- Slice of yoga bread with peanut butter (big mistake. I;d already and enough)
- Seitan quesadilla with guacamole from Dean’s Natural Market
- Long Trail Ale
- Strawberries with whipped soy cream
- Handful of cashews and cranberries