Another day tracking calories, and again I find that my calories are lower than my activity. This explains my persistent afternoon snack attacks. Balancing my fluctuating levels of training with my daily food is harder than I thought. So even though it frustrates me a bit, I’m going to keep logging my food in Fitbit for now.
Losing weight during this phase of my training for June’s run is probably unrealistic, too. My training is at it’s peak intensity, which means I need those calories for muscle repair and energy replenishment. If I cut it too low, I’m going to start struggling more and more to meet my time goals. I like that right now I’m beating them on a regular basis, even with the extra few pounds of junk in the trunk.
- Training run: threshold intervals (.75 mile warm up, drills and strides, 2 intervals of 1 mile at @9 min followed by 1 minute jog, .75 mile cool down)
- 2 hour strength and conditioning class with Coach Kearns .
- Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with peanut butter and raw honey
- 1/2 grapefruit with strawberry, broiled
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Cucumber water
- Post run: water with NUUN tablet, Vega Sport Protein Bar
- Leftover vegetable seitan stew
- Red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, avocado, blueberries, red onion, and blackberry ginger balsamic
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with soy milk
- NatureBox Whole Wheat Raspberry Figgy Bar
- NatureBox Citrus Chipotle Chickpeas
- Ezekiel muffin with peanut butter and honey
- Gardein burger on 1/2 wrap with lettuce, tomato, and mustard
- Polenta fries
- Red wine
- 3 small oatmeal raisin cookies
- NatureBox Harvest Nuts and Citrus Chipotle Chickpeas