I don’t think doing two training runs on back to back days is ideal, especially for someone who is also training in another discipline, but after seeing tomorrow’s forecast (1/4″ of rain, ugh), I decided to do tomorrow’s scheduled run today, when it was just cool and misty rather than pouring.
I think I’m going to have to take tomorrow off to recover.
I’m still tracking my food with Fitbit, and again today I found it impossible to get 40% of my calories from protein. Even with 117 frames of protein, which is more than adequate for my weight and level of activity, I managed only 19%. I think I’m going to stop striving for that 40% mark and just make sure I get a minimum recommended for runners, which for my weight is between 69 and 111 grams per day. Nutrition planning would be so much easier if there weren’t so many conflicting recommendations out there in the aether.
- Training run–Tempo tun: 1 mile warm up, drills and strides, 30:00 minutes @ 9:17 (pace was supposed to be 9:41, but I guess I overachieved), 1 mile cool down
- 1 hour BJJ
- Two Nature’s Path Flax Seed Red Berry waffles with 1 tbs. peanut butter, 1/2 banana, and 1 tbs. maple syrup
- 4 large strawberries
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Post run: Vega Sport recovery protein bar
- Cucumber water
- BBQ tempeh and cole slaw sandwich
- Coffee with vanilla stevia
- NatureBox Harvest Nut Blend
- KIND Healthy Grains dark chocolate bar
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with almond milk
- NatureBox Praline Pumpkin Seeds
- Stir fried seitan with garlic, ginger, red peppers, and broccoli served on a mix of brown and wild rices
- Dish of vanilla almond granola and a piece of dark chocolate