Today was Thing 2’s 11th birthday, which means that there was more than a little celebration eating going on. I expect this theme to continue through the weekend!
It started with pancakes for breakfast, continued with a hibachi dinner (not vegan due to the huge slab of butter and eggs they put in the rice, but I allowed the cheat to make my kid happy), and then ended up with s’mores at home. Tomorrow there will be more naughtiness at his party, too. I keep telling myself that I workout like a mofo so that splurging once in a while is okay. I hope I’m not lying to myself.
- Threshold Training Run: 1.25 miles warm up, drills and strides, 40:00 minutes run at a pace of 9:18, 1.25 mile cool down
- Whole wheat pancakes with strawberries, cranberries, walnuts, maple syrup, and raspberry syrup.
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Post run: water with NUUN active hydration tablets, Vega Sport Recovery Protein bar
- Salad: red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, baked lemon garlic tofu, grape tomatoes, cucumber, and red pepper with a homemade maple mustard dressing
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- 2 raspberry fig bars
- Hummus and carrots
Dinner @ Ichiban:
- Vegetable hibachi with miso soup and salad
- Kirin beer
- A few teaspoons of red bean ice cream
- S’Mores around the fire pit