Apologies for skipping a few days. I have been so run down from Sunday’s race that I gave myself time off from pretty much everything. Recovery from this race has been slow, but I’m getting back on track now.
Today was the first Saturday that we did double classes at the dojo. It was also hot and humid. I sweat like a man, leaving puddles on the mat beneath me. It was good to be back and training so hard. After the classes I took my family to try the new donut shop that opened up just down the street from home. Sadly, the donuts were delicious, and I now have another daily temptation to fight.
For lunch we visited a vegan restaurant in Avon-by-the-Sea called Seed to Sprout. The food here is amazing, and I will be back, often, and unlike the donut shop, without guilt.
- 45 minutes MMA and 45 minutes no-gi BJJ
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with almond milk
- Donuts from Broad Street Dough Co., a new donut shop located regrettably close to home
Lunch @ Seed to Sprout:
- Multivitamin fresh juice
- 1/2 Bacon cheddar burger (tempeh with coconut bacon and vegan cheese sauce)
- 1/2 order Chilaquiles
- Marinated kale salad
- Wasa cracker with hummus
- Handful of chocolate chips
- Grilled zucchini slices
- Mixed grain salad with veggies and black beans
- Double Bag ale