I hope all the dads out there had a great Father’s Day today!
This morning I completed my first run since the half last weekend. After previous races, I have rushed right back into running, sometimes doing a short run as soon as the day after the race. This time I followed the training plan I had paid for, which called for a week off after the big day.
I think this was a mistake.
This morning’s run was harder than I expected. My calves are still sore, and I had no pep at all. I was not expecting to be dragging so much after given my body a full week to recover. Usually a week after a race I’m mostly recovered, not struggling to finish a short run. I think in the future I will return to a more active recovery schedule, with a few short easy runs in the days following a race, rather than this nonsense.
- 3 mile easy run
- Tofu Quiche in whole wheat crust with vegan sausages, broccoli, red pepper, and red onion
- Virgin strawberry mango piña colada (banana, strawberry, pineapple, frozen mango, coconut oil, almond milk, and water)
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Small whole wheat tortilla grilled quesadilla stuffed with refried black beans and Daiya shreds
- Grilled avocado
- Red grapes and cherries
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with almond milk
- Homemade Soft & Chewy Granola Bar
- Grilled corn on the cob with red pepper hummus
- Grilled mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini, and yellow squash
- Cole slaw
- Tofurky spinach pesto sausage
- Homemade Summer Wine (blueberry pomegranate, I think it was) with seltzer
- Stuffed donut from Broad Street Dough Co.