This morning, on the way to the supermarket, we stopped by at our local farmer’s market to check out the seasonal produce. I filled five shopping bags. Big ones. I found three different kinds of kale, two kinds of lettuce, arugula, broccoli rabb, local strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, English peas, snap peas, green beans and even a few early tomatoes. It was heaven…and I bought way too much for my fridge to hold.
I wound up turning the arugula into a pesto so that I could freeze most of it. We ate the raspberries with lunch and one of the kale types for dinner. Even still, the fridge looks like it’s going to explode.
This evening I put some of that gorgeous produce to use, laying out a spread and hosting a World Cup Viewing Party. Great game, but I can’t believe we let Portugal score in the last 30 seconds like that!
- 4+ mile long run, but not slow
- Whole wheat english muffin with peanut butter and cherry preserves
- Smoothie: banana, strawberries, frozen blueberries, mixed greens, plain soy yogurt, flax seed, and water
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Leftover red lentil, spinach, and coconut milk soup
- 1 mini whole wheat pita
- Handful of fresh raspberries
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with vanilla soy milk
- 1 more slice of cake.
Dinner (World Cup Viewing Party):
- 1 beer and a glass of white wine
- Plate of party foods: BBQ tempeh, kale slaw, arugula and white bean salad, potato salad, and fruit
- Dips (salsa, guacamole, and hummus) and chips (corn and potato) and crackers (assorted gluten free)
- Donuts and cookies