I took the Things to the beach this afternoon, which they have been begging me to do. I’m not a good beach person. Sitting in one place watching the gear while the kids play in the water can be unbearably boring for me, so this time I came prepared. I bought a few new books for my Kindle, which I charged last night. I brought a sun-proof umbrella so that I wouldn’t come home with a brutal sunburn.
And two hours into the afternoon, when I started to get antsy, my kids told me about an ice cream parlor three blocks in sold soy ice cream. The walk in for a treat settled me back down for another hour of letting them play and hang out with their friends.
I am not good at the rest phase of training, often pushing myself well past when my body needs time to recover, so a day like today was good for me. We may make Friday afternoons at the beach a regular thing.
- 2.3 mile run
- 5 mile walk along the boardwalk
- Pre-run: Cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with peanut butter; coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Post-run Smoothie: banana, watermelon, frozen blueberries, red leaf lettuce, romaine, kale, and water
- Iced coffee with soy milk
- Hummus, red pepper, and arugula sandwich. I was so hungry by the time I got to it, that I forgot to take a photo!
- 2 wafer cookies
- Kiddie cup of cherry chocolate chip soy ice cream
- Handful of plantain chips
- Whole wheat pasta with arugula pesto, grape tomatoes, and tofurky sausage
- Mixed greens with balsamic vinegar
- Whale’s Tale Pale Ale
- 4 Thin Mint cookies