Thing 1 and I started the day early, taking our gear out to the local park and doing a hard-if-short session of fitness training. The Things then had their auctions for the summer play they are doing, followed by Thing 1 spending the afternoon at a beach party (and frying herself to a nasty shade of fuchsia) while Thing 2 enjoyed a trip to a vegan-friendly ice cream parlor with The Hub and I.
We ended the day watching the US Men’s Team World Cup battle against Belgium. I could have made it to MMA class after the match ended, but my heart was too heavy from our defeat despite Tim Howard’s super heroic efforts in goal. That man is a demigod.
- 35 minutes MMA Fitness Training
- Whole grain corn and wheat blueberry muffin
- Smoothie: banana, pineapple, strawberry, blueberry, frozen cherry, red leaf, romaine, kale, Vega One Vanilla Bean, and water
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Hummus, pickled peppers, tomatoes, and arugula on multi-grain baguette
- Cold slaw
- Handful of spiced almonds and pecans
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with almond milk
- Kiddie sized coffee soy ice cream with oreo crumbles
- Rice crackers and hummus
- Mint Newman O’s. Too many. Mindlessly and as a form of self-medication. It was during the World Cup game, and I’m a stress eater.
- Vegan sausage with horseradish mustard
- Mixed greens with tabbouleh
- Summer ale