We spent today avoiding the sun again. Thing 1 had better start sitting under an umbrella on the beach, or she’s only going to be able to go once a week and then spend the rest of the week healing!
The highlight of our day was spending the evening having dinner and playing cards with friends. It was wonderful to be invited over…I know how intimidating it can be to plan a meal for people who don’t eat meat or dairy, but our friends decided to overcome their worries and do it anyway! They pulled it off well, especially the quinoa salad, and then ending the meal with some amazing vegan brownies. We spent the rest of the evening learning to play Spite and Malice, a wonderfully vicious card game that I suspect will fast become a family favorite.
- 3 mile fast run
- Big bowl of banana, blueberry, and strawberry with blueberry coconut milk Greek style yogurt, granola, and spiced pecans
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- A few more spiced pecans
- Tofu quiche with red onion, red pepper, spinach, and Daiya cheddar topped with peri-peri hot sauce
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- 1/2 vegan chocolate chip cookie
- Salt and pepper pistachios
Dinner @ a friend’s house:
- Hummus and pita chips
- Two bottles of Anchor Brewing ales
- Roasted vegetables, quinoa salad (quinoa, cranberries, green beans, scallions, and walnuts), rice pilaf, baked beans with pineapple, and corn on the cob
- Homemade vegan brownies and cut fruit