Summer has certainly settled in over the Jersey Shore. Today was hot, humid, and very sunny. I got a little bit of a sunburn during my hour walk on the boardwalk. I’ll live.
I’m finding it very hard to avoid eating too many treats, what with all this summer activity. This morning it was a scone at a cute bakery with the kids before their rehearsal. The hour walk in the sun was in part penance for those unplanned for empty calories. Yesterday it was soy ice cream. Tomorrow the Things want to make brownies.
It’s going to be a long summer of having too little self-control around the treats, and I am going to work hard to balance it with lots of activity.
- 1 hour walk on the boardwalk
- Blueberry corn whole grain muffin
- Fruit plate with blueberries, strawberries, cherries, and 1/3 banana
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Iced tea
- Blueberry scone
- Mixed greens salad with Sicilian lemon white balsamic, tabbouleh, and green olives
- Hummus with whole wheat baguette slices and carrot sticks
- Hot black coffee
- Assorted Naturebox snacks
- Hummus and wasa cracker
- Leftover whole wheat pasta with kale, black-eyed peas, green olives, and tomatoes
- Sam Adams Summer Ale
- Naturebox salty nuts and cracker sticks
- Handful of chocolate chips