This was not a good food day. I had received some distressing news about a friend, which lead to me powering my way through half a box of girls scout cookies while googling medical information.
I know that there are tricks to use to stop stress eating, and today I tried taking a walk with the dogs to distract myself, but wound up being chased back into the house by the rumbling thunder. I tried keeping busy and focusing on my work, but that focus was elusive. I find that for me, the best ways to curtail stress eating is to take direct action on whatever is causing the stress…but this was one of those times where there was absolutely nothing I could do to make it better.
Sometimes life is like that, and I guess eating a few too many girls scout cookies on a day like today is not the worst thing in the world. At least there are now no more girls scout cookies left for me to eat.
- 1 hour BJJ
- Smoothie: banana, frozen mango, mixed greens, kale, Vega One Vanilla Chai, water
- Whole grain blueberry corn muffin
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Matcha ginger green tea
- Potato Nachos (leftover roasted potatoes and green beans popped under the broiler with black beans and Daiya cheddar shreds) on a bed of romaine with salsa and Sicilian lemon white balsamic
- Red grapes
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk, prepared at home (You can always tell if my coffee beverage is made at home or bought at the coffee shop by the way it’s sweetened. If there’s stevia, it’s usually at home, where I only use unsweetened non-dairy milks. If I don’t mention the sweetener, it was made at the coffee shop, where they use sweetened almond and soy milks)
- 2 Tagalong Girls Scout cookies
- Iced raspberry pineapple white tea
- NatureBox Sticks and Stones
- Too many more Tagalongs
- Veggie chips
- Whole wheat pasta with pesto, vegan sausages, and bell peppers, plus seconds.
- Mixed greens with balsamic vinegar
- Brown ale