My right knee is stiff and achy today so I wanted to do a slow, easy run. Thing 1, however, begged to go do intervals at the track. Even though her “hot guys” weren’t there today, she still put in an impressive effort on the intervals, leaving her aging mother in her dust.
By evening, my knee was really bothering me a lot. I spent some time icing it, and I hope I’ll be able to train tomorrow.
Don’t age, kiddies. It sucks.
Weight change since July 30th: -3.1 pounds
- 4 miles speed intervals: warm up, dynamic stretches, drills and strides, 4 intervals of 1/4 mile full speed followed by 1/8 mile jog, 2 intervals of 100 meters sprint followed by 100 meters jog, cool down
- Banana, strawberries, blueberries, and diced peach with plain soy yogurt, vanilla granola, and a few spiced almonds
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Water with NUUN tablet
- Leftover pesto dressed gluten-fee pasta with white beans and grape tomatoes
- Mixed greens and green olives with balsamic vinegar
- Black coffee
- 4 strawberries and a squirt of soy whipped cream
- Small bowl of popcorn
- 1/2 square of chocolate
- 1 wasa cracker with hummus
- A few handfuls of Naturebox Snacks (the new box arrived today)
- Chocolate mint tea
- Gardenburger on whole wheat bun with BBQ sauce, smokey chipotle mustard, lettuce, tomato, and spicy pickle chips
- Cole slaw
- Another dish of NatureBox goodies