Our only shot at the long run was early this morning, but it rained, forcing me to rest my aching knee. I guess this is for the best.
The sun came out later in the day, just in time for an adventure with visiting friends. We had lunch at Porta in Asbury Park, at which I allowed myself a dairy treat despite going there for a vegan pizza. They had homemade ricotta on the menu, and I really wanted to taste it. Then our friends offered to share their blue-cheese covered massive salad, and, folks, if there’s one thing this mostly vegan girl misses, it’s gorgonzola cheese. OMG, how I love blue cheese. I wish eating dairy daily didn’t come with such a nasty price for my body. I’m glad I can take the occasional treat, though, without too much discomfort, BECAUSE BLUE CHEESE IS WONDERFUL!
After lunch we visited the Silverball Museum, which is possibly one of the best places on Earth. If you are ever in Asbury Park, I recommend a visit. I’m not even a big pinball fan, but I have so much fun there. We ended the outing with a trip to our favorite ice cream shop in Ocean Grove, where I stuck with the non-dairy options.
Overall the eating today a little over the top, but it balanced out with a fair amount of walking around town.
Weight Change since July 30: -2 pounds (bouncing back up thanks to that movie theater popcorn)
- Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter and tofu cream cheese
- Small fruit salad (blueberries, strawberries, and peach)
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Cold brew New Orleans style coffee with almond milk
- A few blackberries
Lunch @ Porta:
- Fresh ricotta and cucumber salad
- Bib lettuce with blue cheese, walnuts, and apricot dressing
- Vegan cheese pizza (split with Thing 1)
- Kane Brewery IPA
- Kiddie cone of soy mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Tempeh grilled with BBQ sauce
- 1 ear corn with white truffle olive oil and Brai salt
- Cole slaw
- Summer wine with seltzer