When I stepped on the scale this morning I thought: “Ugh. Damn. Poop. Stupid zeppoli.” Later in the morning, though, I took a few minutes to review the data I store over at Fitbit. My scale is the Fitbit Aria, which syncs wirelessly and puts all my weight and body fat percentage data right there on my Fitbit dashboard for me to moan at.
My weight has been going slowly but steadily up all year, which makes me frown. HOWEVER, that change has been entirely within lean body mass. I have not added to my body fat, but instead, I’m building muscle (and probably storing more water and glycogen). In other words, I’m not getting fatter, I’m Hulking out.
I still have a good deal of extra insulation that I could shed, and I will continue to work to shed it (and shred it), but I draw some comfort from knowing that I’m not adding to it.
Weight change since July 30th: -1.6 pounds
- 30 minutes MMA fighter fitness training
- 45 minutes MMA Demo Team practice
- Tofu scramble with red onion, garlic, tiny tomatoes, and broccoli
- 2 soft corn tortillas
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and soy milk
- Iced coffee with vanilla stevia and soy milk
- Kale salad
- Teriyaki seitan
- Eggplant slices cooked in coconut oil, soy sauce, and sriracha
- 1 small piece of dark chocolate
- Coffee, black and hot
- Plain almond milk yogurt with blueberries, pecans and granola
- Wasa cracker with homemade hummus
- Whole wheat pasta with homemade vegan pesto
- Gardien “chicken” fillet
- Red and yellow tomatoes, diced and tossed with salt, pepper, and white truffle olive oil
- Small piece of chocolate