We had a friend down visiting this weekend (Hello, Jay!). I could blame Jay’s presence for yesterday’s junk food binge, but that’s bullshit. I ate junk because I wanted to.
But I will credit Jay for our decision to head over to Goldie’s in Asbury Park for a big ole vegan brunch after this morning’s long run. The food here is wonderful…the sort of place where you can tell that they don’t skimp on the ingredients one little bit, even in the mixed drinks. The portions are also reasonable (your money goes to quality rather than quantity), so you walk away content but not stuffed silly, which is ideal for after a long run, when I will quite literally eat everything on my plate no matter how full my stomach claims to be.
Which I proved later this evening with the pizza (not Jay’s fault, as he had already left before the pizza face-stuffing commenced). Four friggin’ slices! I didn’t run far enough to justify that. I began to pay for it immediately, too, as an unquenchable thirst set it.
I don’t need to be psychic to know that I’m going to need to cleanse tomorrow.
Weight change since July 30th: -2.3 pounds (slight bounce up from the junk food, no doubt)
- 11 mile long slow run
- 45 minute stroll around Ocean Grove and Asbury Park
- Pre-run: Mini bagel with tofu cream cheese, raspberry preserves; small banana; coffee with sugar and almond milk
- Mid-run: Clif shot energy gel
- Post-run: Orgain Vegan Protein Shake
Brunch @ Goldies:
- Bloody Maria (Bloody Mary with tequila, fresh veggies, and sriracha)
- Chips and Salsa
- 1/2 tofu scramble chimichanga with salad
- 1/2 plate of Chilaquilaes
- Raw vegan coconut mint chocolate cup
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- 4 slices whole wheat veggie pizza with just a little real cheese (I was tired and willingly agreed to get pizza. Big friggin mistake)
- Leinenkugel’s Summer Shandy
- A few lemon girl scout cookies that Thing 2 found lurking in a cabinet.