The Things head back to school tomorrow, making today the last day for frantic back-to-school prep. Thing 1 starts high school tomorrow (how the hell do I have a high schooler?), which means that her prep is a bit more anxious this year, including a three-hour orientation session today. I’m glad we found time for one last weekday morning run together before she headed out…I think the time pressure is what lead to our pace being one of the fastest of the season for this distance.
Once school starts tomorrow, it is going to be harder for us to get our mid-week runs in, especially before the weather cools off. If today is any guide, we can expect temperatures above 80, maybe even above 90 in the afternoons when she gets home. I don’t think we’ll be able to bang out a few miles in that and then head to the dojo, so we may have to start alternating running days and fighting days for the next three weeks to avoid burning out. Our first test will be Friday’s mid-distance run, which we will have to complete before heading out to a demo-team practice. I suspect it will be a rough evening.
Distance to Goal Weight: 22.6 pounds
- 3 mile tempo run
- 45 minutes MMA class
- Bowl of fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and banana), plain coconut milk Greek style yogurt, French Toast granola
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Small dish of candy, thereby finishing off the remains of vacation treats
- Warm red cabbage salad with red onion, shiitake, chickpeas, and balsamic vinegar
- Mixed greens with Sicilian lemon white balsamic
- Coffee blended with 1 teaspoon coconut oil and vanilla stevia
- Apple with peanut butter
- NatureBox Guacamole Bites
- Tofu scrambled with red pepper, red onion, garlic, and broccoli
- Portuguese muffin (brought home from the Cape. Not vegan as they are made with eggs and milk, but I didn’t want to let them go to waste so we decided to eat them)
- Small dish of NatureBox Dutch Cocoa Sun Crunch