My immune system definitely is revved up into high gear, thanks to an abscess on my leg. This is a horrible side effect of running, but sometimes those sweaty clothes rubbing against sweaty skin comes with a cost. If this thing isn’t cleared up by the start of next week, it’s a trip to the doctor and a round of antibiotics for me.
In the meantime, I’m going to keep plodding through my workouts giving the best I have, even if it’s less than usual, and focus on eating foods that will boost my immune system.
Distance to Goal Weight: 21.3 pounds. Thanks, take-out vegan quesadilla, for the bump back up and the nightmare filled sleep as my stomach struggled to digest you
- 45 minutes stand up MMA
- 45 minutes ground MMA
- Whole wheat bagel with peanut butter and raspberry preserves
- Coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- One flourless green tea chocolate chip cookie baked by my friend Kate. Delicious and totally worth the small sugar treat, especially after two hard classes
- Salad: red leaf, romaine, red cabbage, red onion, carrots, shiitake, tomato, cucumber, chickpeas, and Teriyaki tempeh dressed with miso, sriracha, and blackberry ginger balsamic
- Coffee blended with vanilla stevia and coconut oil
- Banana with granola and almonds
- NatureBox guacamole bites
- Whole wheat pasta with homemade tomato sauce and vegan sausages
- Three types of kale sautéed with garlic and lemon
- Harvest Ale
- Small piece of homemade vegan freezer fudge