Today’s run was amazing. I don’t know if it was the cool, dry weather, the fact that it was our anniversary, or just Thing 1’s sheer will to prove to herself that she does belong on her High School Cross County team, but we ran this sucker nearly a minute per mile faster than the pace we managed for our last two long runs. There is hope for next Sunday.
Also…see that anniversary mention above? There was some less-than-ideal food eaten again today in the spirit of celebration and post-run bacchanalia. I’m not going to sweat it too much, provided that it doesn’t carry over into the week ahead.
Distance to goal weight: 21.2 pounds. That’s quite a bounce up. I don’t know if that’s bloat or because my carbo-loading yesterday was crazy successful.
- 8 mile run at just about race speed
- Pre-run: cinnamon raisin Ezekiel muffin with peanut butter and raspberry preserves; coffee with vanilla stevia and almond milk
- Post-run: water with NUUN tablet, Orgain Vegan protein shake
Lunch @ Pop’s Garage:
- Chips with salsa and guacamole
- Vegan potato and veggie burrito bowl
- Iced tea
- Coffee with pumpkin pie spice, vanilla stevia, and almond milk
- Pumpkin donut with vanilla glaze and chai spice
Dinner (a three-course affair prepared by the Things for our anniversary):
- Beverage: my father’s homemade white wine
- Appetizer: hummus, nut cheese, crackers, stuffed grape leaves, gigante beans, and green olives, including mini kebabs with grape leaves, beans, and olives
- Main course: Vegan cheese burger on whole wheat bun with a side of waffle fries
- Dessert: homemade vegan vanilla almond cupcakes