I have five months entitle next tournament to get to my goal weight. Losing a pound a week should be doable. It would probably be better to lose more in the first two months so that I am not trying to cut weight in the last month of training leading up to the tournament. My goal is therefore going to be to lose 2 pounds a week for the next two months. During Holiday season.
To do this, I need to cut down on the treats…and really, honestly cut them down, not say I’m going to cut them down and then have candy several times a day. I’m going to build in some safety valves, since a life without chocolate is not worth living. If I really want chocolate, I’m going to restrict myself to chocolate covered frozen bananas, which have only 100 calories a serving, and, if I keep with my fitness schedule, a weekly treat during family movie night. However, all that leftover Halloween candy has been moved beyond my reach, and is now earmarked for donation to a children’s charity.
I also need to fix my afternoon snacking habit. No more crackers and chips. Snacks will be fresh fruits and veggies, and maybe a little hummus or peanut butter to dip them in. Beer is getting the temporary boot too, at least on weekdays.
Lastly, I’m going to work to have a more consistent level of activity throughout the day in addition to my training. Since I’m no longer going on the really long weekend runs, I need to burn those calories in other ways, in part by moving more and sitting less. My goal is to log a minimum of 10,000 steps and 10 flights of stairs each day with my Fitbit, just to make sure that I don’t spend whole days sitting still at my desk.
I’m going to follow this for a week and see if it does the trick, or if I have to start cutting calories in other places as well to get my weight moving in the right direction.
Distance to goal weight: 21.5 pounds
- Fitbit metrics: 13,112 steps and 14 floors
- 45 minutes MMA
- Whole wheat wrap with 2 scrambles eggs, 1 slice Canadian vegan bacon, Daiya shreds, and wilted greens
- Smoothie: banana, pineapple, frozen blueberries, flax seed, fresh squeezed orange juice, and water
- Coffee with almond milk
- White tea
- Baked sweet potato with hummus
- Sautéed broccoli, mushrooms, grape tomatoes, and onions with chili paste
- Cappuccino made with vanilla soy milk
- Hot ginger, peppermint, green tea with a little local honey
- Small bowl of blackberries and strawberries with 1/2 container vanilla coconut yogurt and 1/2 Nature Valley granola bar crumbled on top
- Pre-class: 2 dates
- Red pepper stuffed with quinoa, vegan sausage, green peas, red onions, garlic, Daiya shreds, and pizza sauce
- Kale, boccoli, and Brussel sprout salad with cranberries, seeds, and poppyseed dressing
- Frozen bananas dipped in dark chocolate