Today was a day off from everything: from eating well, from working out, and from stress.
We spent the day in the city, visiting Rockefeller Center on our way up to a Harry Potter themed guided tour of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. Rockefeller was every bit the crowded underwhelming mess I had been told it was. The Met, however, was a blast. Our guide used the world of Harry Potter as a vehicle to get the kids engaged in classical art and crafts from around the globe, ping-ponging back and forth across the massive museum on the hunt for artifacts that demonstrated various characters, objects, and ideas in the story.
The kids had such a good time that we stayed another hour or so after the tour to go back to some of their favorite room for a closer look and hunt down the museum’s few photography exhibits. The whole family is already begging to go back again.
Distance to goal weight: 23.8 pounds. Progress continues to go in the wrong direction
- Fitbit metrics: 17,036 steps, 19 floors
- Whole wheat vegan pancakes topped with sliced banana, walnuts, cranberries, and maple syrup
Lunch @ Ben’s Deli:
- Cole slaw and pickles, which they bring to the table like other restaurants bring bread
- Handmade veggie burger patty on Challah bun with lettuce, tomato, and onion
- Thick cut fries
- Diet coke
- Coffee with soy milk
- Coffee with skim milk and sugar
- Chocolate cupcake
Dinner @ Penn Station:
- 2 slices pizza (1 white with broccoli and the other mixed veggie) which I couldn’t finish
- Diet coke
- 1 foil wrapped chocolate caramel
- Vanilla porter