Let’s try something new this year: a weekly summary of all the good and naughty things I’ve done in the past week. My aim will to be to take an honest look at how my behavior is support or undermining my goals. I’m also going to include a photo so that I can’t hide my progress or lack thereof (and also so that I have to keep working on my goal of trying to be a tad more fashionable).
I just finished posing for this week’s photo. I hated doing it. I don’t like the way I look. I just don’t. Cameras HATE me unless I’m behind them. Pictures of myself usually make me cringe. Brace yourselves, because here it is anyway:
I would try to claim that this photo was unfiltered, but what’s the point of lying to you? I filtered it a fair bit, but there’s no outright photoshopping. That’s my actual current shape, thunder thighs and all.
Ugh. I don’t know if I’ll be able to do this every week, but I’ll try.
This week’s summary looks like this:
- Weight lost: HA! Not even. After all the partying and the leftover cookies and party food, I’m ending this week up half a pound. I guess we’ll just say that I’ve set myself up for a good comeback story.
- 3 runs for a total of 12 miles
- 2 strength training sessions
- Total time working out: 2.75 hours. This is far below my norm, but that’s what the holidays looks like. Next week the dojo opens back up, and that number will be much higher
- Food: Pretty bad. Lots of cookies and other sweets, lots of chips and pretzels and dips. Beer, wine and champagne. The healthy stuff had a hard time competing for room on my plate, but I did manage a few better meals. I would rate this week overall as a big old Needs Improvement.
- Financial: I spent a lot of $$$ on the party we threw, but that food did manage to feed us for a few days. I saved a good bit by spending a good bit at the annual Natural Food Market sale, which I hope will keep my weekly grocery bill lower for the next two months. I guess we’ll see how that works out!
There’s a lot of room for improvement in the coming year, that’s for sure.