The sudden drop in temperature today was not unexpected, but it’s shocking to the body nonetheless. I don’t understand how anyone is supposed to be able to stay healthy with these dramatic changes in the weather. During flu season. But I’ll try, despite being in a household with other sick people (Thing 1 has a nasty head cold).
In addition to the shock of the cold, today brought the shock of the return back to normal, post-holiday life. Work. School. Dojo. I’m hoping that the return of a predictable pattern of living will help me resist the temptation to eat treats like every day is someone’s birthday. It worked today, and I was able to forego the small dish of candy that has become my bad bedtime habit.
Hitting the mats tonight was great, even if it didn’t feel so great on my sore legs. I suspect the instructor had seen my earlier tweet about fearing it might be leg day because we did a lot of leg work (whine and ye shall receive). Later in the class we did some medicine ball drills, and I was pleasantly surprised to see that after a few sessions with my kettle bells, the 6 pound medicine ball felt like nothing. Hooray for strength training!
Distance to goal weight: 23.7 pounds
- 10 push ups, sit ups, and squats
- 45 minutes MMA
- 45 minutes no-gi BJJ
- Whole wheat tortilla with 2 scrambled eggs, 1 slice vegan Canadian bacon, Daiya cheddar shreds, roasted red peppers, broccoli, and sriracha
- Smoothie: banana, pineapple, blackberries, cara cara orange, frozen blueberries, spinach, flax and chia seed, and water
- Coffee with soy milk
- Coconut mango oolong tea
- Tofu grilled with BBQ sauce (just look at those perfect grill marks!)
- Kale and cranberry salad
- Coffee blended with bittersweet chocolate, a wee bit of sugar, and soy milk (It worked well, Jay!)
- White tea
- Apple with 1 tbs. Toffee Pecan Honey Butter (probably not a good thing to use given that I’m trying to get the extra sugar off my plate)
- Salad: romaine, cucumbers, and tomatoes dressed with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and faux parmesan
- Baked pierogies (spinach and mushroom varieties)
- Sam Adams Boston Lager