I want to believe that I’ve turned a corner and feel less sick than yesterday. My nose is less blocked, but now my throat hurts. Chocolate tastes like food again. I let myself rest again today, but I am optimistic that tomorrow I might be able to manage a short cardio session, as long last he cough settles down.
My diet this week had been less than ideal, with a lot of snacking, convenience foods, and both salt and sugar indulgences. I’m bummed that I’ve backslid, but then willpower is a scarcity when you’re sick so I’m not going to beat myself up over it too much. Tonight I did have a small victory, so I’ll focus on that. When I got home from my hearing, which The Hub had been aware would be a very stressful one, he offered me a serving of tortilla chips and a beer that he had saved just for me. I declined the beer, which is a first, opting instead for the chamomile tea I said I would use for relaxation. The tea worked. I probably should have skipped the chips, too, but as I said, the willpower just isn’t up to snuff these days.
Distance to goal weight: 24.6 pounds. I’m not surprised by the bump up. I’ve been eating a lot of salty foods, which makes me retain water, and last night my hands were swollen.
- 10 push ups, sit ups, and squats. This felt as hard as a full 45 minute MMA class, but I managed to get it done.
- Whole grain tortilla with eggs, broccoli, Daiya cheddar shreds, and vegan Canadian bacon
- Whole fruit juice: banana, pineapple, blackberries, frozen blueberries, flax and chia seeds, and orange juice
- Coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Peppermint tea
- Black tea (Bewley’s Dublin Morning, should you care to know) with honey and lemon
- Kale salad
- Tempeh pan-fried in coconut oil and glazed in Buffalo Wing sauce
- Coffee with cardamom and soy milk
- Dark chocolate and almond covered frozen banana bites
- Tea with honey
- Piece of dark chocolate with toffee crunchies
- Black bean chili and chips
- Another piece of chocolate with toffee
- Chips and guacamole
- Chamomile tea