What can I say about this week? I’m glad it’s over? Being sick is never fun and it gets in the way of forward progress. I think I managed this cold well, though. I know quite a few folks who didn’t take care early on with it and have now spent several weeks and multiple rounds of antibiotics chasing relief. I’m on the mend, sans prescription intervention.
As you can see from this week’s photo, there is no discernible progress because there was no progress to discern:
This week’s summary looks like this:
- Weight lost: Nope. I’m up 1.6 pounds from last Saturday (and 0.7 pounds from the start of the year), probably due to the salt cravings. It’s all water, so I’m not going to fret over my negative progress just yet.
- 1 5k run, and it was a friggin victory lap, thank you very much.
- 0 strength training sessions.
- 1 class at the dojo (MMA)
- Total time working out: 1.25 hours
- Food: Not great, but there wasn’t any take out. I fought off the urge for pizza last night, and scrounged up just enough energy to cook at home.
- Financial: This week’s grocery shopping was within budget, and we needed only one mid-week run to our coffee shop for beans (the world is not ready for me to go through caffeine withdrawal).