Ship’s Log–February 8th

PicShells

Thing 1 and I have decided that we’re going to try to do Dr. Furhman’s Eat to Live again, but not 100% of the time. We’re aiming for an 80-20 split, where we eat on plan 80% of the time and don’t get too worried about the other 20%. This will involve eating a massive salad, oodles of cooked veggies, several servings of fruit, and a cup or so of beans daily, as well as cutting way back on salt, oils, and added sugars.

Today’s eating was more like 70-30, but it’s a start.  The meals were good, but The Fam went to the movies today, and the result of this is me eating snack foods that don’t fit my plan, so I’m going to have to put that in the 20% of eating that goes against my goals.

My real mistake, however was that imported Cadbury’s Crunchie bar I had after dinner. We noticed one last case of them lurking at Wegman’s today, and I wanted one last taste of this delicious treat before they go away forever thanks to the misers at Hershey’s. Given where I am in my monthly cycle (sorry, boys), this immediately set off some salt cravings, so I chased it down with a high protein vegan jerky strip. In total, that was another 300 junk calories with which I didn’t need to end my day.

Distance to goal weight: 24 pounds

Fitness:

  • Day of rest and errands

Breakfast:

  • Tofu and egg scramble with red pepper, red onion, garlic, mixed greens (kale, spinach, and chard), Diaya cheddar, and fresh herb from my overgrown Aerogarden)
  • Small glass of orange juice
  • Coffee with vanilla soy milk

Lunch:

  • Vegan “chicken” nuggets on mixed greens with grape tomatoes, cucumber, and honey mustard dressing
  • Handful of blackberries
  • Coffee with vanilla soy milk

Afternoon Snack @ the movies:

  • Small popcorn
  • Small bag of M&M’s (smuggled in)
  • Large vanilla cherry coke zero. Large because I had a coupon for a free large as opposed to paying $4.50 for a small, not because I like to get sodas that weigh as much as a baby and like to be squirming by the end of the film.

Dinner:

  • Black bean and corn chili
  • Whole grain baguette
  • Clean Slate Riesling
  • Crunchie bar
  • Teriyaki Seitan jerky strip

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s