I started the week strong, with a good run Sunday and two classes Monday. Disaster (well, Minor Disaster) struck Tuesday during BJJ class, during which I managed to injure my shoulder/upper back while practicing an omoplata defense sweep. I must have been using my shoulder rather than my legs. I didn’t sleep much that night and was in to see the chiropractor the first appointment Wednesday morning.
It still hurts a wee bit, even days after having my shoulder-blade put back into place. I wonder if there’s a slight strain to a muscle back there, but I can’t see my chiro again until her office opens up Monday. I finished my runs for the rest of the week strong, since I don’t run on my shoulders, and I took a few classes as per the chiropractor’s instructions, though I took them easy and focused on loosening up the muscles back there. I skipped all strength training, though, since lifting with an injury like this seems stupid.
This week’s summary looks like this:
- Weight lost: Down .2 pounds.
- Fitness, 7.39 hours total:
- 3 runs, for a total of 11.4 miles
- 7 MMA/BJJ classes.
- No strength training. Didn’t seem wise with an injured shoulder.
- Food: Decent, considering I was stuck at home with two kids and a whole lot of Easter Candy. things didn’t fall apart until Saturday, which was just a cheat meal that lasted all day.
- Meditation: 5 sessions, ranging from 17 minutes to 24 minutes. These are helping my stress level, but eating up so much time in my day that I’m not sure if I will continue. I would rather be using the time to go birding in my local park