Today is the first birthday in a long while that I greeted sick. It’s definitely a sinus infection. The right side of my face hurts. All in all, though, I’m a tad better than I was yesterday, and I have high hopes that if I keep on drinking those hot teas, eating those high nutrient foods, and giving my body the rest it clearly needs, I’ll be back on my feet by the end of the week.
Here’s what I ate yesterday:
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with red onion, red pepper, mushroom, spinach, and Daiya cheddar; broiled grapefruit; orange juice; whole wheat toast, and coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: peppermint, ginger, and bee balm tea with honey
- Lunch: leftover minestrone and bread; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Afternoon Snack: apple with almond butter and granola; free tea with ginger honey
- Dinner: vegan fish sticks with red cream sauce; leftover Moroccan spice couscous, salad with pickled tomatoes
- Late: Spiced hot toddy; blueberries with cocoa powder; small bite of 70% chocolate