I’ve been unwell (this bout anyway) for a full week, but I am improving a little bit every day. I felt pretty decent upon rising, and I might have felt well for the whole day if the weather hadn’t taken such a sudden nasty turn with an afternoon of rain and a forecast of a few inches of snow for the night, but the incoming storm made my face hurt.
How is a person supposed to stay healthy when the weather fluctuates from a balmy 57° one day to 34° and snowing the next?
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Blueberry piña colada smoothie; whole wheat toast with almond butter and raspberry preserves; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: Peppermint, bee balm, and ginger tea with honey
- Lunch: Vegetable potstickers steamed with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red pepper, and mushrooms topped with sweet chili sauce; mixed greens, grape tomatoes, red pepper, and cucumbers topped with ginger dressing; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Afternoon Snack: Leftover couscous; clementine
- Dinner: Quinoa enchilada crock pot bake inspired by the recipe at Creme De La Crumb, but veganized; 1/2 pita pocket with guacamole and salad greens; green tea with chipotle honey
- Later: Spiced hot toddy; Nature’s Valley granola bar