I woke this morning to the surprising news that the 2″ of snow that had fallen overnight (and was still falling when we woke) was enough to merit a delayed opening for the Things’ schools. Thing 1 took the opportunity to make whole wheat waffles to celebrate the delay, and in the middle of breakfast the phone rang again as the schools declared a full on surrender to the small amount of snow.
Back in my day, kiddies, we didn’t stay home for anything less than 8″.
By the time the last flake touched down, there was a nice 4″ of snow to clear. I decided to do a bit of shoveling to see how the exertion felt, and it felt ok. I’m still just a wee bit congested in those darn sinuses, but as has been the trend this week, today I was one step closer to well.
The evening was a rare night out for The Hub and I. For Christmas my sister had given us tickets to see William Shatner’s one man show, and we decided to make a whole evening of it with dinner out at a vegan-friendly pizza joint. The show was delightful, the pizza and dessert tasty, if perhaps more sugar than I really should have had.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Whole wheat waffles with banana, walnut, and maple syrup; coffee with soy milk
- Morning Snack: Green tea with ginger honey
- Lunch: Salad with mixed greens, tempeh bacon, tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and goddess dressing; Moroccan spice couscous; pineapple; mocha latte (post-shoveling)
- Afternoon Snack: Hummus and veggies
- Dinner: Salad; vegan meatball and pepper pizza; gluten free vegan brownie; iced tea; coffee, black
- Late Night: Vanilla porter