This past weekend had a few indulgences, rather than the one cheat treat I had planned on allowing myself, so today was another chance to get on track. I did pretty well, I think, though perhaps there was a bit more snacking than is ideal. I did manage a mild workout by doing 20 minutes of power yoga, and it didn’t exhaust me or make my face hurt.
I certainly do not recommend catching the cold I have been fighting for the past two weeks, especially if you’re even a little prone to sinus trouble. It’s been so painful and so very hard to shake. I do think that the cold is finally in full retreat, though it is hard to tell for sure. I’ve still got some headaches going on, but we’ve got double winter storms moving through today and tomorrow, so the weather is a complicating factor. If it were bright and sunny out, I don’t think my head would hurt at all.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: 2 egg omelette with red onion, red pepper, mushrooms, spinach, and Daiya cheddar shreds; broiled grapefruit; whole wheat toast; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: Peppermint bee balm tea with honey
- Lunch: Black beans mashed with leftover Super Bowl guacamole on toasted whole wheat with sliced tomato and lettuce; coffee with vanilla soy milk; 1/2 granola bar
- Afternoon Snack: Apple with almond butter; rice cake, plain
- Dinner: Whole wheat pasta with kale, onions, garlic, tomato, and vegan sausage; green tea with ginger honey
- Late Night: Spiced hot toddy; rice cake with peanut butter and salted caramel honey