Today I read some news that walnuts aid in weight loss. Guess what I have in my freezer, guys! A big-ass, Costco-sized bag of walnut pieces. We’re talking a GALLON of walnuts. This is a weight loss trick I am perfectly poised to try without even spending the slightest bit of money or effort. I’m going to try to work in the 1.5 ounces of walnuts per day that the women in the study included, so be prepared for a lot of walnut photos in the next few weeks.
The other “big news” for the day is that I survived a full class at the dojo. It was BJJ, so there were no impacts to jar my face, and I was destroyed by the end despite it being a fairly mild and technical hour, but I survived. It’s a small victory, but I’ll take it.
Here’s what I ate today with all those walnuts:
- Breakfast: Oatmeal with cinnamon, apples, vanilla protein powder, walnuts!, and maple syrup; coffee with vanilla soy milk; small glass of orange juice
- Morning snack: Peppermint bee balm tea with honey
- Lunch: Leftover black bean chili; mixed greens with salsa; mini quesadilla with corn tortillas, Daiya cheddar, and tofu cream cheese; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Afternoon snack: Green tea with ginger honey; rice cake with peanut butter and blueberries; handful of walnuts!
- Dinner: Two tofu hot dogs on whole wheat buns; mixed greens with goddess dressing; Newcastle Ale (here’s hoping Newcastle United can stay out of relegation, eh, Jay?); 1/2 granola bar; a few more walnuts