Finally, after more than two weeks of keeping myself mainly tucked away inside, I went for a walk. This weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count, and I wanted to get out into my local birding patch to participate before the deeper freeze expected this weekend arrives. I spent nearly two hours wandering around in the cold woods with my camera, chilled to the bone but happy. If you want to see photos of this weekend’s birds, check out Tomboy Photography and/or follow me on Instagram at AllisonCoffinPhotography.
I even felt well enough afterwards to hit the Bags and Pads kickboxing class at the dojo in the evening for 45 minutes of fitness training. I can’t claim I finished strong, but I was still standing at the end.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Two eggs omelet with spinach, red onion, diced tomato, and Daiya mozzarella; whole wheat toast; broiled grapefruit; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: peppermint and bee balm tea with honey
- Lunch: Vegan buffalo chicken wrap; rosemary olive oil potato chips; cinnamon herbal tea; coffee with vanilla soy milk; and half a cookie.
- Afternoon Snack: Apple with almond butter and granola; Ayurvedic Rejuvenating tea; rice cake
- Dinner: Yakisoba noodles with tofu; Newcastle Brown Ale; walnuts with cranberry honey