Ah, Valentine’s Day. The one holiday that kid of gets under my skin. I’m all for celebrating love and the people you love, but somehow this day has been spun out of proportion by the Great Marketing Machine to the point where it’s more obligation than celebration.
This year for me, it was another excuse for a treat (big ass cupcake) and a chance to make some vegan fondue. Other than that, I hunkered down inside the warm house to wait out the dramatic cold snap we’re having. I probably could have worked out inside, but I was feeling too drained and out of sorts to bother.
Here’s what I ate:
- Breakfast: Heart shaped whole wheat pancakes with dark chocolate tofu cream sauce, raspberries, maple syrup, and walnuts; coffee with vanilla soy milk; small glass of orange juice
- Morning Snack: Green tea with chipotle honey; small handful of walnuts
- Lunch: Red lentil and spinach soup; and crusty bread.
- Afternoon Snack: Stupid big cupcake with buttercream icing flower (I couldn’t finish it, and it made my tummy hurt); coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Dinner: Vegan cheese fondue with vegan hot dog bits, veggies, and crostini; Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Saison