I woke up feeling a little off this morning. Thing 1 declared herself too sick for school ad went back to bed without a breakfast. Then I couldn’t finish my breakfast smoothie. Every sip made my stomach feel like a rock. I hoped it was psychosomatic, and I guess it was because by lunch I was hungry enough to eat a horse.
Horses everywhere will be relieved to learn that The Hub went out and got me a donut instead. Not exactly the healthiest way to make up for the lost breakfast calories, but certainly better for the horses.
By evening I felt pretty well, perhaps a bit tired, so I stuck to doing just one class at the dojo (1 hour of BJJ).
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Blueberry and greens smoothie (half of it, anyway); whole wheat toast with almond butter and honey; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: Peppermint ginger tea with honey
- Lunch: Leftover lentil soup; sandwich of sliced apple and leftover fondue sauce on whole wheat toast; chocolate soy pudding with a strawberry and a sprinkle of granola
- Afternoon Snack: Almond topped donut; coffee with vanilla soy milk; and then, pre-class, veggies and hummus
- Dinner: Whole wheat spaghetti with tomato sauce and vegan meatballs; mixed greens with balsamic vinaigrette; Whale’s Tale Pale Ale