I met with an attorney that I do a lot of work with today. One of the things that amazes me about him is that he never gets sick. Ever.
And yet, he’s sick for the second time in a month. With exactly what I have. He was sick two weeks ago, as well. With pretty much exactly what I had earlier this month. Hmm.
That got me thinking that maybe, just maybe that my recent run of illness is in fact a run of Bad Luck™. Perhaps my immune system isn’t run down or tired or depressed, but, rather, I’ve had the misfortune to encounter several very virulent diseases in rapid succession. Or, as he put it, “This is February in New Jersey. What are you going to do?”
Again I didn’t work out today, because I’m still coughing quite a bit and I had to work this evening anyway (so no class even if I was 100%).
Here’s what I used to fuel my recovery today:
- Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with red onion, red pepper, spinach, and Daiya; broiled grapefruit; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: green tea with juice form 1 lemon and a whole lot of honey.
- Lunch: leftover black bean and mango quinoa; tempeh; greens with ginger dressing; Good Belly probiotic shot; coffee with soy milk
- Afternoon Snack: pear with cranberry honey; walnuts; small bowl of cereal with blueberries and soy milk (too much snacking overall. Oh well)
- Dinner: Black bean chili; 1/2 quesadilla made with Daiya; green tea with ginger honey
- Late Night (after work): Brown Ale; rice cake with hummus