Wow, two holidays in one weekend! Good thing this one doesn’t merit a cake.
Looking at my photos, it looks like I ate nothing but bread today, though it didn’t feel like it at the time. It felt like I had a really busy day, but still managed to eat pretty well. The Hub and I spent the afternoon at the movies checking out Deadpool (good, dirty fun) and the evening doing two classes at the dojo. I think I’m just about well again, if maybe still a bit weak and winded a little too quickly.
Too bad the day ended with Thing 1 declaring nausea and a headache. I really don’t want a stomach bug coming into the house now.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Whole wheat everything bagel with egg and Daiya cheese; small glass of orange juice; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Lunch: Gardein pulled “pork” bun; mixed greens and clementine with goddess dressing
- Afternoon Snack: 1/2 a large popcorn; vanilla coke zero; coffee with vanilla soy milk; bananas and strawberries with leftover chocolate soy cream and walnuts
- Dinner: Black bean burger and guac on whole grain flat bread with lettuce and tomato; oven waffle fries; farmhouse ale; spoonful of chocolate cream
Ah, Valentine’s Day. The one holiday that kid of gets under my skin. I’m all for celebrating love and the people you love, but somehow this day has been spun out of proportion by the Great Marketing Machine to the point where it’s more obligation than celebration.
This year for me, it was another excuse for a treat (big ass cupcake) and a chance to make some vegan fondue. Other than that, I hunkered down inside the warm house to wait out the dramatic cold snap we’re having. I probably could have worked out inside, but I was feeling too drained and out of sorts to bother.
Here’s what I ate:
- Breakfast: Heart shaped whole wheat pancakes with dark chocolate tofu cream sauce, raspberries, maple syrup, and walnuts; coffee with vanilla soy milk; small glass of orange juice
- Morning Snack: Green tea with chipotle honey; small handful of walnuts
- Lunch: Red lentil and spinach soup; and crusty bread.
- Afternoon Snack: Stupid big cupcake with buttercream icing flower (I couldn’t finish it, and it made my tummy hurt); coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Dinner: Vegan cheese fondue with vegan hot dog bits, veggies, and crostini; Ommegang Hennepin Farmhouse Saison
This morning I did my first double class in two weeks (for a total of 1 hour and 45 minutes on the mat), and I finished pretty strong. It felt good to be back to full form. I crashed soon after, but it’s progress.
My eating the last two days has been crap again, though. Cookies AND potato chips two days running. This is how I got into trouble, and I don’t want to go back there.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Whole wheat everything bagel with peanut butter; small orange juice; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Lunch: Tempeh bacon BLT wrap (with surprisingly little L & T); potato chips; Moroccan mint green tea; coffee with vanilla coy milk; 1/2 vegan chocolate ship cookie
- Afternoon Snack: Banana with walnuts; green tea with chipotle honey
- Dinner: Leftover barely mushroom risotto; salad with goddess dressing; Newcastle Brown Ale; 3 small lavender dark chocolates
Finally, after more than two weeks of keeping myself mainly tucked away inside, I went for a walk. This weekend is the Great Backyard Bird Count, and I wanted to get out into my local birding patch to participate before the deeper freeze expected this weekend arrives. I spent nearly two hours wandering around in the cold woods with my camera, chilled to the bone but happy. If you want to see photos of this weekend’s birds, check out Tomboy Photography and/or follow me on Instagram at AllisonCoffinPhotography.
I even felt well enough afterwards to hit the Bags and Pads kickboxing class at the dojo in the evening for 45 minutes of fitness training. I can’t claim I finished strong, but I was still standing at the end.
Here’s what I ate today:
- Breakfast: Two eggs omelet with spinach, red onion, diced tomato, and Daiya mozzarella; whole wheat toast; broiled grapefruit; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: peppermint and bee balm tea with honey
- Lunch: Vegan buffalo chicken wrap; rosemary olive oil potato chips; cinnamon herbal tea; coffee with vanilla soy milk; and half a cookie.
- Afternoon Snack: Apple with almond butter and granola; Ayurvedic Rejuvenating tea; rice cake
- Dinner: Yakisoba noodles with tofu; Newcastle Brown Ale; walnuts with cranberry honey
Today was sadly very boring and uneventful. I worked. I ate. I spent too much time on Instagram (as allisoncoffinphotography if you care to know). I didn’t work out because an unscheduled work phone call went straight through my scheduled work out time. BORING.
Here’s what I ate on this, a boring day:
- Breakfast: Smoothie; whole wheat toast with almond butter and raspberry preserves; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Morning Snack: Rejuvenation Ayurvedic tea
- Lunch: Lentil vegetable soup; 1/2 pita with one slice of Daiya swiss; coffee with vanilla soy milk
- Afternoon Snack: rice cake with peanut butter and blueberries
- Dinner: Mushroom barley risotto; salad with goddess dressing; green tea with chipotle honey
- Late Night: Pale ale; slice of bread with hummus; rice cake